OBB file is file that developers create along with some APK packages to support the application. The OBB file obtain bundles of many assets data. OBB file carry encrypted data including graphics and media that is not located in the APK file.
Now, i will show you how to install APK file that have the data file (OBB file) with them directly on Your Android device. However, you also can install APK and OBB file using PC or laptop.
If you looking for the guide on how to install simple APK (without OBB file or APK UnSigned) on your Android phone, read General guide installing simple APK file. If you looking for how to install UnSigned APK, please read Guide Installing UnSigned Apk on Android phone.
To Install APK with OBB or Data, you will need to have:
- APK File.
- OBB or Data Folder (Usually still an compression file).
- ES File Explorer application.
Guide How to Install Apk with OBB Directly on Your Android Phone
It is even easier to install APK with OBB file directly on Your Android phone. Just follow the steps below.
- Install the app ‘ES File Explorer’ on your Android phone.
- Download the desired APK file and OBB zip file in your Android phone (You can download it in the internal memory or the external memory).
- Once you have downloaded the ApK file and the OBB file, Open ES File Explorer that you installed in the step 1.
- Locate the APK file, click on it and select “Install”.
- Wait until installation APK is complete and do not run the game after installation.
- Now you need to place the OBB file in the correct place in the your phone.
- Click on the OBB file which has been downloaded, usually it asked choose “ES zip viewer”.
- After the OBB zip file already open, you will sess a samll box with an arrow on the top right. This is the “extract” button as show in the image.
- Now click on the extract button.
- You will to choose the path where you want to extract the OBB content.
- Select “choose path” and click same with on the image below:
- It will open a box where you can choose the path.
- Click on the folder name “Android”.
- Now click “obb” folder. Note: You must create obb folder if you don’t see any obb folder there, click on the + sign on the top right to create a new folder, rename the folder to obb.
- Click OK button.
- Now you will see the selected path (sdcard/Android/obb).
- Click OK again.
- Wait until the OBB zip file successfully to extract.
That’s it. Now you ready to play your favorite game.